Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Discovering danish education system

Hello again!

Did you miss me?:) I hope yes:) because now I come with a different kind of story than you heard in the last message, is about school in Denmark...what do you think? it sounds interesting nuh? yes in fact it is really interesting to do your studies in Denmark. And now comes the question why? I will give you the answer: the education system is really nice because you have the possibility to follow a college without paying anything and also each student receives money in every month for living. This is great because you have all the time in the world to focus on your studies. On the other hand what I have noticed is the majority of practical things which students are doing at school, they learn only those pieces of information they need.

Now, I would like to talk a little bit about me, about what I am doing here. Well, how I have wrote in my profile I am interested in becoming a psihoterapeut and my coordinator, who is a really nice person made a special programme for me and gave me the opportunity to do many practical things than I do in my country. This means that I will go to do my practice in a school with autistic children. I have already been there this week on Monday to meet with the teachers who I will work with. I got to know the town a little bit, as well. Jens, the leader of the school, talked to me more about the activities and the projects which they do in order to involve all the children. He said that this school is a normal school because the pupils study all the subjects which are normaly studied in schools (maths, chemistry, phyisics, German, English).But the difference is on the way of teaching, the teachers have to pay attention on the rhythm of learning of every pupil. I have worked with autistic children for a month in my country but they were more autistic then the pupils from this school because those didn't have language, eye contact and they were agrassive with themselves. And it was a surprise for me that I could talk to them and not in their native language but in English. I attended at English class, it was so interesting because they asked me questions about Romania and actually we had a discussion on Dracula's story and Romanian's lifestyle. It was fantastic to see that they can have a normal life. Of course the work is hard but it worths and the teachers I have met with are so nice, you can see on their eyes the happiness of practicing this job:). I'm looking forward to spend my next week there.
I think it comes the time to finish my story but before I do it I want to say some words about my cognitive therapy class. I am very thankful to my coordinator for this class because my wish is to know more about therapy, about the way of using therapy with clients. And now I can see all these and actually I've got involved in one of my teacher's therapy session this week and for me this means one step in my future career ;).
Ending in a "cognitive style"( cognitive therapy= pozitive thoughts, optimism) I wish you all the best until next time!

No comments: