Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First time in denmark - impressions




Yes I am in Denmark for almost 3 weeks now and I can't still believe that I am here, it seems to me a dream but it isn't:). How did I spend my first 3 weeks in Denmark? Well I did more things that I was expected to do. I have visited many places in Denmark: in my first week-end I went to Aarhus with Judit my flatmate; our buddy and his friend arranged this trip and they invited us. It was a nice trip and I liked a lot Aarhus because it reminded me of Venice with those bridges and water canales and I find out that there is the second biggest town (in sizes) after Copenhagen. This was on Saturday but on Friday evening we wanted to know more about how the Danish students are having fun that's way we just went to the Friday bar, (the students's bar because it is placed on the college's yard) where we could find some of the students we've met on classes and it was more easier for us to interact with them;). And we drunk a beer or a øl with them and after this we went to a pub to listen a rock concert. And on Sunday we were too tired to do something and we just slept a lot and we stayed at home, watching tv, drank a cup of tea with biscuits in one word we practised hygge in danish style;). The first week-end ended in this way but it came another one which was full of adventures because we got baptized. Ooo it was really funny all the walk around the lake and the games that we had to play and after the whole walk which was longer than I thought, what came next was actually the purpose of the day. The most funny part of the day was on the way:), we walked and crawled through sticky things and in the end we jumped into a pool with dirty water inside...ya we needed too much energy for that day because after all these, the party was coming. Of course we went to the party and we danced a lot until 3 p.m when we finally came home and rest. Here came the Saturday when " we charged our battery" for the following day when we went to the North Sea and to the German's boarder. I could taste the feeling to be with one foot in Denmark and with the other in Germany. And I was also impressed by the huge beach from North Sea and it was soo nice to sit with the feet in the sea and in the rest of your body to be dressed for the autum with your jacket on:).
During this trip we could know more the germans and we could share our intercultural experience because we were speaking danish, german, english, hungarian an roumanian. I think this is the most beautiful part of this experience you are in contact with so many foreign languages and cultures;).
So a general impresion about Denmark- happy and nice people, everything so well organized, each stone has a history behind, small but cute houses, windmill, remoulade souce(my favorite), a good education system.
I think that's all for today. see you later!
wish you all the best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You have a very nice and unique blog

You can use MYBLOGLOG to make your new blog friends


MyBlogLog

It requires a Yahoo ID


Keep up the good work

Regards
Onlineleo

Hanne said...

I think like you friend - nice blog, I love the green color :-)

...og lidt på dansk. Hvis du er vild med natur skal du tage en tur til det nordlige Danmark, hvor jeg kommer fra. Der er naturen helt anderledes end her, mere barsk.

Jette Laursen said...

HI Ioana,
I enjoyed reading your blog. And what a great picture!! It could be an idea to make some "headlines" with the various projects you are doing here - like practice in Aabenraa, social activities, etc.
See you, Jette