Thursday, November 13, 2008

Let the art speak...






Who thought, when I come to Denmark I will discover my talent of drawing?:) Of course I am joking a little bit because I am not so skilled at this field but I am not bad at drawing like I thought earlier. After the art classes what we had for 2 weeks, I realised that I am able to draw and maybe if I practice more, who knows I could do nice drawings.



Art is a good way to express yourself, your emotions and feelings. It may be easily reflected on your drawings only by combining properly the colors. I like art, everytime I have the chance to see some exhibitions of drawings or paints, to be involved in some art projects or visit art museums, I gladly do these things. For example, this Summer, me and my friend made some earrings from clay, it was my first time when I did something like this. But I enjoyed it a lot working with my imagination, let it free to create. We spent 2 weeks with working on those earrings and when we finished we went to a Mediaeval Festival where we could sell them, of course for a symbolic amount of money, because the purpose of that trip wasn't to do business but to spend a nice time enjoying the mediaeval atmosphere. Although, I was so happy when my earrings were bought by people, it meant that we did a good job, and actually I was proud of me in those moments.



Going back to my art classes, we learnt how to draw a portrait and we were asked to draw our own portrait by sitting in front of the mirror. If I relate this to psychology, it is a good exercise for people to find out their own perception about themselves and also to be aware of their feelings. Again I had a nice sentiment of satisfaction because I had the courage to draw myself even if I haven't done it since I was in primary school. And I was glad about my drawing, it wasn't entirely similar to me but I managed to catch a few features. The following photos will show some of my drawings.

No comments: